Stacking The Shelves #25 - The One With Review Copies, Gifts and #ALLTHEBOOKS

Hi Everyone!
AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

I hope you had an awesome Winter Break. My friends that study in the US are leaving home tomorrow to make it back in time for term beginning.

Over the break I watched pretty much all the movies running in the theater, managed to convince my mother that I not a TERRIBLE driver and to actually let me drive places and FINALLY read Illuminae and Gemina. THEY ARE SO GORGEOUS I CAN BARELY FUNCTION.

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers at Tyga's Reviews and over the last week, I stacked onto my shelves
:

FOR REVIEW:

From Bloomsbury India: 


1. Life In A Fishbowl by Len Vlahos:
I JUST finished reading and reviewing this yesterday and it is WONDERFUL.
A story about a man with a terminal brain tumor who sells his life to the highest bidder - a TELEVISION NETWORK? And all the insanity that comes with death on a REALITY TV SHOW.

This was a super intriguing book, and it left me a befuddled bad of emotions. READ IT.

The Science Fiction & Fantasy Quiz Book2. The Science Fiction and Fantasy Quiz Book by Joseph A McCullough 
Ever thought you were a Science Fiction Enthusiast? I certainly thought I did, until I opened this book and realized I knew as much as Jon Snow. Which is nothing.

A quiz book, it certainly intrigues me and I can't WAIT to properly go through it.

3. A Pop-Up Gallery Of Curiosities from J.K.Rowling's Wizarding World

Anything Harry Potter is something I NEED TO OWN. With 5 scenes from both the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts movies, this book is such a little keepsake it's AMAZING.

My favourite scene in the book is the one of Newt and the Niffler in the bank vault, where Next shakes him for all the gold. It is just SO WELL DONE.

From NetGalley:
Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)Beautiful Broken Girls
1. Frostblood by Elly Blake
Fire Versus Ice? SIGN ME UP. This new fantasy series that releases in THREE DAYS sounds like an absolute treat and I cannot WAIT to dive in!

2. Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage
Just this morning I got a LOVELY email from Fierce Reads telling me I was auto-approved to read this GORGEOUS book because I read the author's previous title. I AM SO SO EXCITED.

BOUGHT:


1. Morning Star by Pierce Brown
I'm going to be starting the FIRST book for my #RockMyTBR challenge today, which is Piece Brown's Red Rising. I saw Morning Star, which is the third book in the series at my local bookstore and I knew I HAD to have it. Hopefully, the series lives up to the hype.

2. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K.Rowling
I saw this book at 50% off on Amazon and I knew I HAD TO HAVE IT. I absolutely adored the movie (which I've watch TWICE in the theater) and Newt is such an adorable human. I can't wait for the next installment.

GIFTED:



From Kerry Kletter:

1. I'm Not Your Manic Pixie Dream Girl by Gretchen Mc Neil
I won a giveaway on twitter that hosted my the AMAZING Kerry Kletter, and I won a copy of Gretchen McNeil's I'm Not Your Manic Pixie Dream Girl. It was a US giveaway, and so I mailed it to a family member living in Rhode Island, and when she came home for Christmas, she brought it for me. EEEK.

From My Secret Santa:
For Christmas, all the LOVELY Indian Bookstagrammers hosted a little book swap/ secret Santa and I received the BEST PRESENT EVER from Being Booked. It included:


a) Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven
I haven't read All The Bright Places yet because well, someone spoiled the ending for me, and well, #TBRProblems. HUTU Sounds like the PERFECT read and I can't wait to begin.
Also, I've heard nothing but great things about it from my blogger friends and I will definitely be reading it this month.

I also got a TON of A Court of Mist and Fury Art Prints which I am SO IN LOVE WITH and also a journal.

Thanks SO SO MUCH for the lovely gift, Saiesha.
What did you stack onto your shelves this week?
I can't wait to check out your stacks this week, so please do leave me your links!

No comments:

Post a Comment