TAKE TWO... AND ACTION: Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed

I think I can pinpoint my addiction to young adult literature when I first discovered Meg Cabot and Sarah Dessen during my seventh grade.

It was my 12th birthday, and as I unwrapped my gifts after my party, there was this HIGE pile of books just lying there - the perfect gift for me, according to my friends. It is one of the happiest days of my life. BOOKS.

And, since then, as I'd like to think, I've grown (mentally) and my reading tastes have hightened. And now, as I stood in front of the bookshelf, trying to come up with this list (Mother: What Are You Doing? Me: Blogging. Mother: But you're staring at the bookshelf holding your laptop? Me: Nevermind.) these are my top ten books that I feel differently about now the time has passed. 


Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith 
(Take Two? Throw It Away!)

The first time I read this book, I was morbidly fascinated. It was crude, gag-worthy, mind twisting and seriously MESSED UP, but I was still fascinated. Thinking about it now, though, just leaves me with that messed up, that's so gross I'll never touch it again feeling. Sigh.


The Death House by Dawn Kuragitch
(Take Two: WHAT EVEN?)

The very idea of Disassociative Personality Disorder has always intgrigued me, and this book had an even more unusual premise. Upon reflection, while about fifty percent of this book was brilliant, the rest of it just turned to crap. All that nonsense about shamans and evil and things I can't remember currently give me bad vibes.


The One by Keira Cass
(Take Two: WHAT WAS THAT ENDING?)

THIS ENDING WAS SO BADLY DONE, OKAY? It was like Keira Cass decided she needed drama, GOT BORED in the MIDDLE of writing it and finished it. 

I used to think this was GREAT but, and kindly excuse me, I read this whole series in one day, and utterly sleep deprived, formed by opinion of it.


Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
(Take Two: NOBODY'S WINNING THIS THING.)

TWO MAGIC SAPPHIRES. WOW. And a kingdom on the verge of breaking down, and a girl that knows nothing about it. I had actually read some not so great things about it, so I went in expecting very VERY little, and I got something better.

In retrospect, WHAT WAS THAT? It was badly done, and all that fear was over TWO SAPPHIRES? WHAT?


Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
(Take Two: WHAT IS THIS WORLD?)

I wrote a very favourable review right after I read the book, but as I stare at in on my shelf wondering why in the world I didn't pick up the second book, IT'S BECAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE WORLD IN BOOK ONE? What in the WORLD were all those kingdoms that were so briefly mentioned, and I'M SO CONFUSED, I'M GOING TO GO SLEEP NOW.

Cress by Marissa Meyer
(Take Two: I STILL DON'T KNOW)

Read a 500 Page book in one sitting, that happens to be book three in a series, and you're probably like me. I was EXTREMELY pissed that there was NO PLAN, and everything seemed SO UNLIKELY in this series, but Winter was did alleviate my opinions of this series, and now, I don't know whether to hate this or not? 


The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
(Take Two: Why hello you copycat)

This book was so SO cover love, and while I was reading it in Dubai, I might've liked it a lot, but COME ON, this was just a TFIOS rip-off.

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
(Take Two: MENTAL ILLNESS CANNOT BE CURED WITH A BOY)

If you're human, you would have heard of the shopaholic series or seen the movie, and when I heard that Sophie Kinsella was writing a YA novel, I knew I needed it. When I first read it, it was HILARIOUS, in all sense of the world, but now, I'm thinking ALL OF HER MENTAL PROBLEMS SUDDENLY DISAPPEARED WHEN SHE STARTED DATING THE GUY (???)

I understand her problems were caused be a STILL UNEXPLAINED trauma, but still. CLOSURE. COME ON.


Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
(Take Two: THIS IS SO GOOD. WHERE'S BOOK TWO?)

After the Grisha Trilogy, this book GOT SO GOOD. Every time I think about it, it just keeps getting better in my head. Not to mention that this is a return to one of my favourite worlds. AND IT WAS SO GOOD.

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
(Take Two: GET'S EVEN BETTER!)

I DON'T HAVE WORDS. SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ABOUT BOOK THREE, BECAUSE I NEED IT. I'll die otherwise. 
What books have you read, and then, after a while, POOF, you suddenly felt differently about? Let me know or link me up and I'D LOVE TO VISIT YOUR LOVELY BLOGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment