It's SUMMER (I'm Burning) But BEACH READS! (Top Ten Tuesday #7)

INDIA IS THE HOTTEST PLACE EVER. I have (LITERALLY) spent everyday since April 1st cowering inside my bookshelf with the air conditioner on the lowest possible temperature, SINCERELY hoping I don't evaporate because my poor skin could not handle the sun.

AND I WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE GOING TO THE BEACH (until the entire Earth freezes over)(or my seven year old brother DEMANDS it's time to get on a horse - Indian Things, don't ask) but here are my top ten beach reads that I would love to imagine reading on the beach:



1. How To Love by Katie Cotungo: 
While this wasn't my favourite-est book ever, mostly becaase I had SUCH high hopes for it, it still seems like a REALLY Beach-y read. This is about a girl in love with a boy she could never get, who got her pregnant and then left. AND NOW HE'S BACK. It might have gone against my principles but when Sawyer stood up to his parents, I died.


2. The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes: 
THE ART OF WAR. PLUS A GUY WITH SPIKY HAIR THAT ISN'T PERFECT? Oh c'mon. If the weather was better (DARN YOU, SUN. DARK YOU.) I would definitely be chilling with this baby on the beach.

Also, Paula Stokes is pretty much the nicest person IN THE WORLD, sending all of the above pictures swag to INDIA. *GAAH* *DIES IN GRATITUDE*


3. Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella:
This is my favourite book in the Shopaholic Series because THE DRAMA! AAAAHHH! If this was anything but Becky Bloomwood, I would have hated all the non-tackled issues like fat-shaming while pregnant, but HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE BECKY BLOOMWOOD? She's a SHOPAHOLIC.

Also, is it just me, or is Luke (swooon) ALWAYS in some financial crisis or the other?


4. Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson:
I read this book when I was 11 YEARS OLD, AND I STILL LOVE IT. It is the world's BEST story, and if you're a reader that hasn't read this Amazon-setting book that I cannot even describe, YOU HAVE NOT LIVED. I MEAN IT.

PLEASE READ IT. PLEASE.


5. Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot:
And by this I mean you should take ANY Meg Cabot book with you to the beach, because (most of them) are adorable. I didn't love this one too much, it's sort of like Cabot couldn't rhink of something better, so HERE: EAT MORE PRINCESS DRAMA AND WONDER WHERE THE FUCK YOUR MICHAEL IS.

Sigh. Michael.


6. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson:
THIS IS SO GORGEOUS. SO SO SO SO BLOODY BRILLIANT I MIGHT STILL BE DEAD. I CRIED.

Also, *lame joke warning*  I WILL GIVE YOU THE SUN, ANYONE WHO TAKES IT AWAY FROM ME. PLEASE.


7. Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate:
This book had a ship that hit me from NOWHERE, that was so SO SO cute, I actually stopped, put it down, and did a dramatic swoon (I might have fallen on the floor, but that's a story for another day)

Anyway, this book is beyond brilliant (and not preachy, if you think it's kind of a Christian seven sins thing.)

Also, TOTAL BEACH COVER LOVE! (Does that make sense?)


8. The Girl Who Fell by Shannon Parker:
Probably not the happiest, but if you;re planning on reading this on a rainy beach day, with your car parked and the ocean as your view with rain falling down your windshield, THIS WOULD BE PERFECT. PERFECT, I TELL YOU.

This is such an amazing amazing book, and I wish you would eat it up like I did.


9. The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella:
An ADULT BOOK? OMG, ADITI? WHY? Well, if you read it, you would know. This is about a high powered lady who quits her job after a terrible mistake and finds herself interviewing for a house keeper's job in Cornwall, and SHE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT HOUSEKEEPING. It's standard Sophie Kinsella hilarious. HEHE.


10. THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER/ JUST LISTEN/ THIS LULLABY/ ALONG FOR THE RIDE by Sarah Dessen:

AREN'T MY COVERS THE COVERS THE COOLEST THINGS YOU'VE EVER SEEN? I ADORE THEM. Also, these are my four favourite Sarah Dessen books.

They're BEYOND BRILLIANT.
Are you a sun/ beach/ summer person? Do you die in the heat, of hide in your bookshelf hoping you don't evaporate?

Would you take any of these to the beach with you?
Link me up! I can't wait to see your beach reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment